Food/Beverage Stall holder Application Forms for the 2019/2020 Season Are Now Available.
Mandjar Markets are Mandurah's premier water front market, located under the shady trees on the lush green grass along the eastern foreshore, Mandurah Terrace, Mandurah.
We are primarily a hand made market, with award winning arts & crafts artisans, fabulous foodies, gourmet goodies, children's activities and provide live entertainment.
Our trading times are 9.00am - 4.00pm each Sunday from the 6th October 2019 to 10th May 2020 (please note check our Facebook page for updates on special dates when the City of Mandurah requires the foreshore for their special events).
Please read the information below for Food/Beverage Stall Holder Applications:
* NO FURTHER HOT CONSUMABLE FOODS OR COFFEE VENDORS ARE NEEDED - WE HAVE CURRENTLY FILLED THIS SPOTS FOR OUR
* NO FOOD TRUCKS/VANS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE 2019/2020 SEASON
* APPLICATIONS WILL BE ISSUED ONLY TO FOOD STALLS THAT CAN OPERATE FROM A MARQUEE WHICH MUST FIT INTO A 3m x 3m SITE
* NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ISSUED TO WINE AND SPIRIT MAKERS AS MANDJAR MARKETS ARE NOT CLASSIFIED AS A FARMERS MARKET
Item Criteria Food/Beverage Applications:
Examples of Food product/s to be sold only include; fresh grown produce, honey and honey products, jams and preserves, marinades and chutneys, nuts, dried fruit, olives, oils and vinegars, confectionery including nougat, fudge and the like, specialty baked goods including cakes, breads, and biscuits, muesli, pre-packaged teas/coffee blends, hand-made dried pasta and sauces, health goods, home-made dog treats and specialty goods.
In order to be eligible for a food stall at the Market and in keeping with the requirement for a ‘Makers’ Market’ offering handmade goods the food product on offer must adhere to the following: Priority is given to locally produced food but producers from outside the Peel Region will also be considered to trade at the Market
- Sharing of stalls is strictly not permitted with the exception of immediate family members
- All food products must be grown, baked or made by and sold by the applicant.
- Copying of other people's work is not permitted. Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the Markets
- After approval if you have any new products/items you would like to sell you must submit a request for additional items to be approved prior to them appearing on your stall.
- Products that are clearly imported or purchased from a wholesaler , repackaged to on-sell, or are deemed inappropriate (e.g.: discriminatory or offensive by the Mandjar Markets Committee) will not be considered. We do not accept commercial, design only products that are not made by the applicant or second hand goods.
- It is compulsory that all Food/Beverage Applicants have in place their own coverage of Public & Product Liability Insurance to the value of $10 million and a copy of the Certificate of Currency is submitted with the application form..
- All City of Mandurah Health Department requirements and food registration permits/documents must be submitted and approved by the City of Mandurah and Mandjar Markets Association Inc prior to commencement of trade. Your stall must comply with the minimum standard for a Temporary Food Stall as required by the City of Mandurah
- It is compulsory that all Food/Beverage Applicants have completed a food safety/handling course and attach the completed certificate with their application form. A Free Food handling course is available online via the City Of Mandurah www.mandurah.imalert.com.au
- Quality and appeal of the product, the mix of the market and the number of food/beverage sites which become available. The Mandjar Market Committee must have due regard for the mix of the market and fair trading with established businesses located nearby when selection is made to maintain a balance of food/beverage represented at the market
- A wait list may be formed for applicants whose products are currently over-represented at the market.
- $55.00 3M X 3M per Trading Day
- No Power is available - No generators or other power sources are to be used without prior approval - If you use a generator onsite - ensure that the generator has been serviced correctly, it is adequately fenced to prevent public access, a fire extinguisher and fire blanket is onsite at all times. All Electrical leads and boards used for connection to power source are to be current tagged. All cables/leads must be secured and covered with safety matting
Site Bookings & Payments
- Payments are required 6 days in advance prior to your booking/attendance – Payment instructions are provided to approved applicants - No cash is accepted on the day – Payments are non-transferable or refundable
- In the event that Mandjar Markets due to safety reasons, have to cancel a trading day, you will be notified as soon as possible and your payment will be transferred to a suitable date within a 4 week period from the cancellation date
- Mandjar Markets does not offer marquees, tables or chairs.
- All equipment is to be provided by the stall holder.
- Marquees must be one piece, heavy duty and collapsible with removable roof covers.
- Put together pole/rod tents will not be permitted to be erected.
- Market umbrellas are not acceptable.
- All equipment is to be stable, in good condition and able to withstand wind gusts.
- Clear panels in backs and sides are highly recommended.
- Safety must be of paramount consideration.
- All tents/marquees must be weighted down to withstand wind gusts.
- All ropes are to be flagged for visual safety reasons
- All other anchors are to be sited within the allocated 3m x 3m site.
- All tents/marquees are to be adequately secured by approved anchors (guy ropes) & weights/ground pegs. .Please note “Star Pickets” are NOT to be used as ground pegs
- All items on sale must be secured against becoming airborne at all times.
- All food stallholders must provide their own ground cover sheeting under their cooking equipment to prevent food or oil staining the ground. If you do not bring a ground cover sheet you will not be permitted to trade
- It is your responsibility to provide your own extension cords/leads with safety matting for coverage and internal stall power board (all to be current tagged)
- It is the responsibility of food stallholders who are operating with gas or electrical appliances that the relevant safety equipment is on hand (i.e. blanket / fire extinguisher) and to ensure that the equipment is compliant with all relevant workplace regulations and are approved and in date
- If you use a generator onsite – ensure generator is serviced correctly; fire extinguisher is onsite at all times and it is adequately fenced to prevent public access.
- Application forms must be submitted in a PDF format via email , pictures of forms will not be processed
- Received applications will be confirmed by email.
- Applicants will be notified by email if they have submitted incomplete applications. They will be given two (2) days to submit the further information required. If information is not received within two days no further correspondence will be entered into and the application process will cease.
- Applicants may be asked to have a 15 minute informal discussion with a Mandjar Market Committee Representative about their product at a set time and date. This discussion is not a requirement but gives the applicant an opportunity to show their product in its best light, advise the committee as to how their product fits the criteria and answer any questions/possible concerns the committee might have.
- An email will be sent to advise the applicant if they are required for any further discussion regarding their application and to arrange a suitable time.
Outcome of Application:
- Mandjar Markets will notify food/beverage applicants by email of the outcome or progress of their application within fourteen (14) days upon receiving a completed application.
- No further correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants from this point forward. Acceptance and non-acceptance is at the discretion of the Mandjar Market Committee. The Mandjar Markets Committee reserves the right to reject applications and not to enter into any correspondence about the decision. All decisions made by the committee are final.
- We would like our approved stallholders to attend at least once every four weeks from the date of their approval or the start of the Mandjar Market Season.
- Please note Mandjar Markets do not operate/trade whilst the City of Mandurah Crab Fest Event is being held
Please Note: If you request your documents to be printed and mailed, there is a $10 Admin fee to be paid prior to posting.
Please submit a request below to obtain an application form and provide details on the goods you wish to sell