Art & Craft Stall Holder Application Forms for the 2018/2019 Season Are Now Available.
Mandjar Markets are Mandurah's premier water front market, located under the shady trees on the lush green grass along the eastern foreshore, Mandurah Terrace, Mandurah.
We are a hand made market, with award winning arts & crafts artisans, fabulous foodies, gourmet goodies, children's activities and live entertainment.
Our trading times are 9.00am - 4.00pm each Sunday 7th October 2018 to 12th May 2019 (please note check our Facebook page for updates on special dates when the City of Mandurah requires the foreshore for their special events).
Please read the information below for Art & Craft Stall Holder Applications:
Item Criteria Arts & Craft Applications:
- All products must be hand made/crafted by the artist
- No products made overseas are accepted
- The work must be sold only by the persons whose names are on the application, although a limited number of two (2) secondary stallholders are permissible if their names are submitted to and approved by the Mandjar Market Committee prior to their presence at the market.
- Sharing of stalls is strictly not permitted with the exception of immediate family members
- From time to time stallholders may be required to demonstrate the making of the goods sold at the Market.
- Copying of other people's work is not permitted. Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the Markets
- The selling of Unlicensed Registered Trademarks, Images, and Materials etc e.g. Disney, AFL, NRL or any other Copyrighted Logos (Coca Cola etc) is neither permitted by Mandjar Markets nor approved therefore we will not be liable for any fines imposed or further legal action taken against the stallholder.
- After approval if you have any new products/items you would like to sell you must submit a request for additional items to be approved prior to them appearing on your stall.
- Products that are clearly imported or purchased from a wholesaler or are deemed inappropriate (e.g.: discriminatory or offensive by the Mandjar Markets Committee) will not be considered. We do not accept commercial design only products that are not made by the applicant or second hand goods.
- No henna tattoos
- No selling of knives or other items that could be used as a weapon
- All stallholders must have in place their own Public or Public and Product Liability Policy with a minimum of $10 million cover in the stallholder’s name.
If the stallholder offers for sale: Cosmetics and Beauty Products, Medicines, Potions, Oils, Fragrances, Soaps and Toys, you must have in place your own Public combined with Product Liability Policy. It is the Stallholders responsibility to have the correct and valid Public/Product Liability insurance in place.
- Quality hand made products designed, produced and sold by applicant (completely or substantially, with ability to authenticate)
- Aesthetic / artistic merit
- Quality of product (design / technique / finish)
- Artistic innovation, uniqueness, original design
- Level of skill reflected in goods
- Selection will be made to maintain a balance of art/craft represented at the market
- A waiting list may be formed for successful applicants whose products are currently over-represented at the market.
- Ability to present goods appropriately and well in a market context
- Quality of presentation and packaging
- Ability to sustain quality of work
- $50.00 3M X 3M per Trading Day
- No Power is Available - any self powered source must be approved prior to using on site
- Mandjar Markets does not offer marquees, tables or chairs.
- All equipment is to be provided by the stall holder.
- Marquees must be one piece, heavy duty and collapsible with removable roof covers.
- Put together pole/rod tents will not be permitted to be erected.
- Market umbrellas are not acceptable.
- All equipment is to be stable, in good condition and able to withstand wind gusts.
- Clear panels in backs and sides are highly recommended.
- Safety must be of paramount consideration.
- All tents/marquees must be weighted down to withstand wind gusts.
- All ropes are to be flagged for visual safety reasons
- All other anchors are to be sited within the allocated 3m x 3m site.
- All tents/marquees are to be adequately secured by approved anchors (guy ropes) & weights/ground pegs. .Please note “Star Pickets” are NOT to be used as ground pegs
- All items on sale must be secured against becoming airborne at all times.
- Application forms must be submitted in a PDF format via email , pictures of forms will not be processed
- Received applications will be confirmed by email.
- Applicants will be notified by email if they have submitted incomplete applications. They will be given two (2) days to submit the further information required. If information is not received within two days no further correspondence will be entered into and the application process will cease.
- Applicants may be asked to have a 15 minute informal discussion with a Mandjar Market Committee Representative about their product at a set time and date. This discussion is not a requirement but gives the applicant an opportunity to show their product in its best light, advise the committee as to how their product fits the criteria and answer any questions/possible concerns the committee might have.
- An email will be sent to advise the applicant if they are required for any further discussion regarding their application and to arrange a suitable time.
Outcome of Application:
- Mandjar Markets will notify applicants by email of the outcome or progress of their application within 7 (seven) days upon receiving a completed application.
- No further correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants from this point forward. Acceptance and non-acceptance is at the discretion of the Mandjar Market Committee. The Mandjar Markets Committee reserves the right to reject applications and not to enter into any correspondence about the decision. All decisions made by the committee are final.
- We would like our approved stallholders to attend at least once every four weeks from the date of their approval.
- Please note Mandjar Markets do not operate/trade whilst the City of Mandurah Crab Fest Event is being held
Please Note: If you request your documents to be printed and mailed, there is a $10 Admin fee to be paid prior to posting.
Please submit a request below to obtain an application form and provide details on the goods/services you will be offering